Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cookie Time

My parents sent a box of fun Easter stuff for the boys. They also threw in some candy for Brandon and I. I got some dark chocolate M&M's. YUM!
  
Anyways, I decided to throw my candy into some cookies so that I'm not tempted to sit down with the whole bag and chow down.((Happens a lot when I get candy in the mail)) Tanner loves baking with me, and on MOST days I love baking with him.  I feel like he's learning in the kitchen.  He gets to scoop, and pour.  We count.  He used his fingers to pick up the M&M's and precisely place them on the cookies.  Oh, and he fills his tummy with not-so-good-for-you yumminess. :)

Dumping flour
Tanner insisted I shove Dillan under the microwave.  It was a tight squeeze but both boys were happy with the arrangement.  Surprisingly, Dillan didn't get covered in flour or sugar or anything else! 
Watching the dough get mixed
Yes, we eat cookie dough in this family... raw eggs and all.
Dough with candies, pre-stir.

Putting candies on top of the cookies
Pushing the candies in
Finished product

I had to take a break from cookie making to go change Dillan.  I came back to find Tanner on a chair picking out candies with one hand and eating a cookie with the other.
Missing candy
Tasting it ((for the camera... since he had already pre-tasted while I was out))
Tanner approved!!!
We had a great time. The cookies turned out melt in your mouth excellent.

2 Comments:

At April 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Auntie M said...

What fun memories you are making!! Tanner knows good cookies!! Love the pictures.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM , Blogger SJT said...

We lick beaters too! It's a definite must! I need to blog something soon. Thanks for reminding me. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home