Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Aurora

Brandon got home from work around 9pm this evening and told me that the Northern Lights were out.  He said it was way better out at base but he still came in, grabbed the camera and headed back outdoors to take a few shots.  He was able to get a few good pictures. I didn't edit them at all.  He messed with the exposure a bit.  The first two pictures depict the true color best.

I was able to see some of the lights from our bedroom window.  I wanted to go outside with Brandon, but I wasn't going to risk laying Dillan down, mid-feeding, to have him scream and wake Tanner up.  If I had been able to go outdoors, it would have been a romantic ending to our Valentine's Day. :)





4 Comments:

At February 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Blogger SJT said...

Yes yours turned out super great! Good job Brandon!

 
At February 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Blogger SJT said...

So is the key to good pictures of the Aurora, having really good front lighting/objects to focus on? Do you know what Brandon's settings were?

 
At February 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

His settings were; aperture at 30 secs and f-stop at 4.5. I think he just used the house and lights to make the picture pretty. :)

 
At February 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM , Blogger SJT said...

Humm I think I need to read my instruction book again. I know I have the shutter open at least 15 sec. I'm not sure what f-stop means. I definitely need more work in my photography.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home