Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dear Tanner

Dear Tanner,

Things I want to remember and want you to know.

 

You are four. Finally four. You have been looking forward to turning four for months now. You walked into my room this morning and said Look, I'm big now! You are, baby. You are getting so big, right before my eyes.

When I asked you what you wanted to do on your special day you said Play with kids, eat tacos and birthday cake. Unwrap presents too. So that's what we did.

The day began with balloon play and cartoons. We made a yellow cake with chocolate whipped cream frosting. Lots of family Facetimed you. When daddy called, from Louisiana, you yelled at him to come home and pleaded with him to get on a jet. He was able to sing happy birthday to you, though you covered your face and ears. We were all sad for a little while after his call.

You told me you would not be napping today. While Dillan napped we cuddled on the couch while watching cartoons. We put batteries in some of your old toys. This makes me so happy! You told me. We went to Lil' Riders and played with Bella and Calli for a while after Dillan woke up. You ran and played and expended a lot of energy.

Having Morgan, Bella and Calli here to celebrate your birthday, after dinner, was so much fun. You got excited about EVERY gift, especially the r/c 4-wheeler the girls got you! You only ate the ice cream and the whipped cream off your cake.

Each year I ask you the same questions. Here you will find your three year old answers.

Four

How old are you? Four!

Favorite color? Blue

Favorite toy? Jets and planes

Favorite food? Cheesy noodles, salad, and pickles

Best friend? Bella and Calli

Favorite thing to do outside? Shovel snow

Favorite drink? Smoothies

Take to bed at night? My pillow

What do you want to be when you grow up? Like you, momma

Favorite animal? My dogs

We had such a great day, Tanner. Happy Birthday to you. I love, love, love you!

Love, your momma

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home