Sunday, March 6, 2011

STOLEN TIME

Brandon stayed home with Tanner today while I stole time for myself.  I use the word stole because I'm not that great about giving myself time.  My days and nights are spent with my husband and son, and that's how I like it.  I almost have to force myself into doing anything away from my family.  It's hard for me to not feel guilt when I steal time.  I'm told that these feelings are normal and will get easier with time.  


Verna and I got Deluxe-Pedicures.  Soaking, massages, paraffin, lots of potions and lotions, bright and shiny toes.  It was a wonderfully relaxing experience.  
Happy Feet
While Verna treated herself to a manicure,  I took the time to kick back and read a bit of the book I had brought with me. BLISS!


We dined at Thai Cuisine and were able to enjoy great conversations without any interruptions for our little ones.  Adult conversations can be so intriguing and go to places and depths once forgotten.

All was quiet on the home-front when I arrived 5.5 hours later.  Tanner had been asleep for 1.5 hours.  He had been busy while I was gone. He'd taken a walk outside with his daddy, eaten steak, taken a bath and even had ice-cream.  Manly stuff, with no ladies allowed.


I missed them.  I missed them so much.  I loved being pampered and I coming home with a feeling of replenishment.  It's sad that that tiny guilt feeling was always lingering there in the back of my mind.  One day I'll be able to give myself time freely and not feel guilty about taking it.  In the meantime, I will continue to treasure the time spent with my husband and son and I'll continue to miss them when I'm away.


We don't have to be defined by motherhood because there's an intricate infrastructure of talents and dreams and passions that makes us women who are strong enough to stand alone. And yet, ask any mother and she'll probably tell you there's nothing more incredible she'd rather be defined by than the amazingness of her littles and her family. -Kelly Hampton

2 Comments:

At March 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy that in this age and time, we have the right to be anything we want to as woman and one of those rights is to choose to be an at home momma, the most worthy career of all. You are doing an exemplary job. Debbie

 
At March 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger SJT said...

I still am just not not feeling guilty after 3 years! Hope it doesn't take you as long as me. lol :) Glad you enjoyed your time! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home