Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1ST OF MANY

~REWIND, REVIEW, REPLAY~


My days all seem to blur together. Each day feels like a carbon copy of the previous day. To help get out of this funk I've decided to compose a blog that will describe what actually did happen during the previous week. It'll also give me a chance to take more pictures with one of my favorite toys and make my mind work in ways that it sometimes doesn't get to.

~ The bathroom is a fun place to explore.  Toilets to splash in, and flush and slam the lid over and over.  Tanner plays in the drawers that are closest to the door. They hold all of Grandma Florence's vacation toiletries. One day he closed the door and then opened these drawers which made it impossible for Brandon and I to get to him.  We had to sit tight, wait for Tanner to close the drawers while he screamed for 1 to 2 minutes.  He finally closed the drawers and I got to play the hero.






~ Weekends are messy.  Trucks, Airplanes, and scooters travel from one room to the next.  Papers, party supplies, books get moved out of the cupboards and put into kitchen drawers.  iPhones disappear to be found later in toy bins. We sometimes eat in the living room.  Bedtime never changes though!  I love weekends.

Poor dogs trying to run away from the chaos.


~With the temps dipping WELL below zero we spend a lot of our time gazing out the window and dreaming of warmer, greener weather.  That's what I dream of anyways.  What Tanner dream's of is the day that he doesn't have to put on a snow suit AND a winter coat AND mittens AND a hat!


Look at that cute little red nose!!!



~My new favorite thing to make with leftover rice and salmon is fried rice!  Such a simple, tasty meal that is sure to please everyone.


























~ It takes me forever to commit to getting my hair touched by someone at a salon. I can't really recall any bad experiences in at least 6 or 7 years so I don't know why I'm so resistant. I did finally make an appointment and go in for a wash and trim this week. It was a good experience. My goal is to make it in every two to three months now...not every five to six.

That's right... it looks EXACTLY the same, just feels better! 




































~Brandon brought me coffee in this lovely new mug that I'd never seen before.  I haven't been drinking very much coffee these days, maybe half a cup to a cup a day.  It was a treat to be surprised though.  I made a nice cup of homemade hot chocolate in it.  Dark Cocoa Powder, Sugar, Milk.  SIMPLE. It's a great way for me to unwind at the end of the day.


























This has been a fun blog post to create.  Can't wait to live some more so I can start the next blog.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home