Wednesday, February 2, 2011

GROWTH


~REWIND, REVIEW, REPLAY~


We all grow.  Up. Out. Within. Physically. Emotionally.  Sometimes growth is instantly evident, lots of times it is not.  Looking back, even just a few days, gives me a chance to see the growth happening all around me.

Growth can be fun.  Tanner now walks with his hands down at his sides. He doesn't do the little monkey walk with his hands waving over his head.  This week he was even able to push himself up off the floor into a standing position instead crawling to a sturdy object to pull himself up.

Growth can be heartbreaking. I stopped nursing Tanner.  Any woman who has breast-fed their baby,  whether it was a good or bad experience,  knows that there are a lot of emotions that come along with weaning.  On Friday night I let Tanner nurse for as long as he wanted, knowing it would be his last time at my breast.  He would stop and talk to me and then would go back and greedily gulp down more momma's milk.  He nursed until he fell asleep which he hadn't done in months.  Saturday night was the first night of no more nursing.  When bedtime rolled around Tanner toddled over to me and did his little sign for nursing.  I had to explain to him that there would be no more nursing.  Though I was talking to Tanner, the talk was for me.  Brandon gathered Tanner up, took him to his room, read him some stories and put him to bed.  I sat in the living room and cried.  Long after Tanner was asleep, I cried. The following nights Tanner did not ask to nurse and I did not cry.  I'm so thankful that Tanner adapts quickly and easily.

Growth is necessary.

~News flash... WINTER IS STILL HERE!  It has warmed up a bit, but it's still below zero.  We try to get out and enjoy this beautiful state as much as possible, even if it is merely taking a drive down a snow covered dirt road.

Plow Driver Slough
Small moose along Eielson Farm Road















































He despises getting into his car seat, but really enjoys riding in the car.

First time for Tanner sledding down a hill.












































~ I hosted an online/book Tupperware Party the end of December into the beginning of January. My Tupperware Consultant, Bobbi Wagner, helped me meet my goal so that I was able to get double the host points. I scored big! I spent a total of $160.00 and got over $365.00 worth of product. I might have to do another party in a year or two!

















~ On Saturday morning we went and watched our nephew, Isaiah, play soccer. It's so much fun watching all of those little guys zipping around the gym! Isaiah did great and I'm pretty sure he had the biggest group of fans there. Probably the noisiest too!

Isaiah's got moves























Auntie Bridgett's little body guard.


~Tanner won't stop biting the dogs. Regardless of the bites, he still pays them more attention than Brandon and I put together do.

~ Tanner has been going into his room and closing the door.  When I go in to check on him he's ALWAYS sitting amid a pile of books reading to himself.  It is so adorable.  Sometimes I can hear him reading through the wall.


Such a big laugh after being caught reading in his room.

~ I'm doing a bible study with a group girls here in Fairbanks.  I'm going to start it on February 1st though the rest of the girls started last week.  I won't be meeting up with them on Thursday nights, but just doing my nightly studies at home and watching the video's once a week at home as well. I've started women's bible studies before and by the end of the 10 weeks I start to peter out and browse my way through the last few weeks.  I'm going to stick with it this time!


I pray you all experience growth this week!

2 Comments:

At February 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Blogger SJT said...

Great post and GREAT pictures! So jealous of that moose picture!!!! And Sean has those firetruck jamas! :) Hope to see you guys soon!

 
At February 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Florence said...

Nice! Love the reading and laughing pictures! Dad will appreciate the moose! I'm glad Tanner got over the nursing so quickly, makes it a little easier.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home