Saturday, December 5, 2015

Safe and Sound

On Thursday night I put my boys to bed before 8:00pm, as usual, and was talking to my cousin on the phone and wrapping Christmas presents, along with Tanner's birthday presents.  I normally detest wrapping gifts, but this night I was embracing the task, and had a good attitude about it.  About a half hour into it, my home security system started going off.  The monitor told me that the exterior garage door had been opened.  I turned the security system off and stood very still, listening for any movement in the garage. I couldn't hear anything. I checked the outside cameras and looked out all of the windows to see if there was any movement that I could detect. Nothing. I called Brandon and told him I was scared.  That I wanted to turn the security system back on but couldn't without going through the garage and closing and locking the door, that had been opened, and I wasn't brave enough to go into the garage alone at that moment.  He told me to call my friend Lawanna and have her husband David come over and go into the garage with me.  David came right over, checked the garage, checked the vehicles and found that everything was just fine.  I'm assuming the boys had played with the door and didn't get it shut all the way, the wind or an animal nudged the door open setting the alarm off.  David and I got everything closed and locked up again.  I reset the security system and I went back to my room to finish wrapping a few more presents, no longer excited about the task at hand.  I climbed into bed, and opened my Bible to Proverbs.  The last verses of Chapter 1 stated;
 32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them,
    and the complacency of fools will destroy them;
33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety
    and be at ease, without fear of harm.”
I asked a few friends and family members to pray for peace of mind.  I prayed, to God, and fell into a peaceful sleep.  I believe in the power of prayer and that God never gives us more than we can handle.  I don't stress over being alone with my two little boys every night, and I certainly don't go through life feeling fearful of the unknown.  I take the proper safety precautions, and put the rest in God's hands. 

This week in pictures;

I keep seeing people posting creative pictures of their Elf on the Shelf posed in all sorts of great positions and up to all sorts of mischief.  Not Ralphy, he just plays a good game of hide and seek.







On Wednesday morning Tanner told me that he couldn't eat breakfast because his tooth was hurting too much. When I looked in his mouth his tooth was poking straight into his mouth! I messaged his teacher and told her that Tanner would most likely be losing his tooth.  Sure enough, Tanner came home with his tooth in a little envelope, holding his tooth!  This was tooth number six for him.
I'm very proud of the bread I made this week.  
This meal, brought to us by a friend, fed us for a few days! It was so nice to night have to plan or cook a meal!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home