Friday, January 17, 2014

Dear Dillan

Dear Dillan,

Things I want to remember and want you to know.


For the last year, when asked how old you are, you'd say THREE! And hold up one finger. Today, when asked how old you are, you still said THREE! But held up your two pointer fingers. We'll see if this year we can get you to just be TWO because I'm not ready for you to be any older than that yet.

We started the day off with lots of cleaning, cartoons, coloring and chocolate cake baking. You got lots of calls and well wishes from family members. Your favorite FaceTime call was from Grams and her kindergarten class in New Stuyahok, AK. They sang to you and they took turns saying hi to you. You showed off your scooter skills and ran around like a crazy boy to show off for them!

After your 2.5 hour nap we went outside to play with our friends. It was chilly and a tad windy, but we made the best of it until daddy came home.

We had a delicious dinner. Daddy grilled steak, I roasted beets, made a salad and you ate like a king.

Having our friends, The Bliers, over for cake, ice cream and presents was how we ended your special day. You kids all played hard. Ate a big bag of Doritos and gave us parents a chance to visit. You loved ripping through your presents and wouldn't let anyone help you.

You are such a funny little boy. Today you were chomping on my leg and when I asked you what you were doing you said, I'll eat you up, I love you so! I asked you what your name was and you said, Wild Thing! You love the book Where the Wild Things Are.

What a fun day we had! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself. I love you so much, my littlest love.

Love, Momma

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home