Saturday, April 2, 2011

IT'S A...

My friend Liz and I met working at Air Logistics of Alaska as receptionists.  She's the friend I've had the longest here in Alaska and I'd venture to say the closest girl-friend I have here.  She's a sweet woman with a loving, open heart and a devoted mother and wife.

Liz and her husband Dan are expecting their 3rd child mid-August. They decided to get their friends and family involved and excited about the baby, not that we needed much prompting, and planned a gender-revealing party. When they went for their ultra-sound this week they told the technician to not tell them the sex of the baby but to take the ultrasound "money-shot", print it, and put it in an envelope.







 They took the envelope with the ultrasound to a baker and told her to make a cake with the inside color being blue or pink, depending on the gender of the baby!



With all of their friends and family gathered they cut into the cake not only revealing the sex to us but to themselves as well! It was quite exciting.   


And drum roll please...rat.a.tat.tat... PINK!!!


I can't wait to welcome the new baby girl Boschert into the world. The baby might be born on my birthday, August 11th, and they'll be naming her a name beginning with "B" to follow Bailey and Brody.  I think the world could use another Brandi. ;)

1 Comments:

At April 2, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Florence said...

Very cute! I really love this ideas, So Fun for everyone! Congrats Liz and family on a beautiful baby girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home