Tuesday, March 29, 2011

BITS OF THIS AND THAT

~REWIND, REVIEW, REPLAY~

I'm back to feeling normal after about 6 days of constantly blowing my nose, coughing, sneezing, and exhaustion.  I thought for sure my boys would come down with it, and they threatened with a sneeze here and a sneeze there, but never fully caught my bug.  Thank goodness for that!




On Sunday it started snowing.  The flakes were so beautiful, flitting around in the air.  It continued to snow and snow and snow though and it started to really break my heart. The roads had just finally cleared of snow, our piles outside were finally starting to reduce in size and now THIS!  We ended up getting another two to three inches of snow, and the roads turned snow covered and slick. 

A Special Weather Statement, I read, reported;

THIRD LONGEST PERIOD OF CONTINUOUS DAYS OF NO PRECIPITATION AT FAIRBANKS... THERE WAS NO PRECIPITATION...EITHER RAIN OR SNOW...AT FAIRBANKS FROM FEBRUARY 27 TO MARCH 26. THIS ADDS UP TO 28 STRAIGHT DAYS WITHOUT ANY PRECIPITATION. THESE 28 CONSECUTIVE DAYS MAKE THE THIRD LONGEST PERIOD OF PRECIPITATION FREE WEATHER AT FAIRBANKS SINCE OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT RECORDS BEGAN IN 1930...A RUN OF 82 YEARS. THIS STATISTIC INCLUDES ALL MONTHS OF THE YEAR...NOT JUST FEBRUARY OR MARCH. SO...HERE ARE THE TOP 3... LONGEST...........33 DAYS MARCH 25 THROUGH APRIL 26 1993 SECOND LONGEST....29 DAYS FEBRUARY 2 THROUGH MARCH 2 1979 THIRD LONGEST.....28 DAYS FEBRUARY 27 THROUGH MARCH 26 2011 THE PERIOD WITHOUT PRECIPITATION ENDED YESTERDAY...SUNDAY MARCH 27 AT 6.49 PM.

So I guess I should be feeling thankful for the break that we had.  And after that snowfall, we received on Sunday, we haven't gotten any more. 

It warmed up to at least 45F today.  Tanner and I got out and enjoyed some fresh air.  I hooked both of the dogs up on their leashes, I strapped Tanner to my back and took them for a 50 minute walk.  Once we arrived back home we played outside for another 40 minutes.  When shuffled our way indoors Tanner was famished.  I guess with all that outside playing he worked up a hefty appetite!


Brandon cannot stop talking about camping this summer.  I have to admit, the more he talks about it the more excited I get.  We have already purchased a good portion of our camping gear. Our first camping trip is scheduled for mothers day weekend.  We are going to head down to Valdez, about a 268mi drive which rounds out to about a 5.5-6 hours in the car.  Why would we choose to go that far for our first camping trip you ask? Because of the Valdez Fly in and Air Show of course. "The Valdez May Day Fly-In & Air show isn't your ordinary Fly-In! Come experience the most unique Bush Plane competition in the Western United States.  It is truly the only one of it's kind and it's waiting for you!!!"  I guess we'll see what all that means!

New camping loot


I want to finish this off with the top three things I'm most thankful for at this moment... in no particular order they are;

  1. My health.  It is something I take for granted.  I am healthy and strong and my body is a wonderful thing.  
  2. My God.  My relationship grows and matures with Him everyday.  
  3. My family.  Brandon and Tanner are what keep me rooted.  Brandon lovingly provides and supports Tanner and I. He takes such wonderful care of us. Tanner brings a smile to my face sooooo many times throughout the day. Watching him learn and grow is such an awesome experience. I love them.

2 Comments:

At March 30, 2011 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister has that camping stove and totally loves it. I am glad you are on the mend and able to get out and about with your little man. Camping is our favorite get away trips, have fun! Debbie

 
At March 30, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Florence said...

We always loved tent camping when you were all small. Now we have a brand new tent that has hardly been out of the box, the thing is almost as big as our first house, LOL! I guess it will be used for grand kid campouts. Have fun planning tons of fun trips!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home