Friday, November 19, 2010

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH

I just finished a book titled HAVE A LITTLE FAITH, by Mitch Albom. First of all, I have to say, that I haven't read a book by Mitch Albom that I haven't loved. They are all lovely stories that set the mind wandering! There were a few quotes in this book that I felt worthy of sharing and commenting on.

Adam hid in the Garden of Eden. Moses tried to substitute his brother. Jonah jumped a boat and was swallowed by a whale. Man likes to run from God. It's tradition. page 6
This quote really resonated with me. I have a habit of hiding from God when things start to feel too real or intimate. I loved how this book started off with Albom referencing individuals who have also hidden from God as well. It's human nature. What is humorous is that there is no way to hide from the presence of the Lord God, yet we try.

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. page 214
I loved this! When I googled the scripture and looked for a cross reference the one that made the most sense to me was 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! It says there is hope for the lost. Out with the old, in with the new.


God sings, we hum along, and there are many melodies, but it's all one song- one same, wonderful human song. page 249
"There are many melodies". To me this means we all worship God in our own way, our own time. Uniquely but the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home