Monday, October 15, 2012

Snow has Stuck


Yesterday we woke to snow on the ground that decided to stick with us until we went to bed last night.  Today it started snowing around 11:00am and did not stop all day.  I think I can officially say that we have entered my least favorite season... winter.  I don't enjoy being cold or driving in snow or ice.  Feeling trapped inside due to the extreme cold is less than ideal, especially with two rowdy little boys who need to run and play.  The more dark than light in the day is also a drag.

Due to this being our last winter in Alaska I'm going to TRY to focus on some of the good things about the winter season, such as;
  • I do think snow is beautiful
  • I love that with the cold weather comes fires in the wood-stove
  • Layered clothes
  • Fun jackets
  • Warm soups/stews and casseroles.  
  • Thanksgiving and Christmas come this time of year
  • Both of my boys have birthdays (December, January) 
I'm sure there are a few more good things about winter, but for now they elude me. :)  

3 Comments:

At October 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM , Blogger SJT said...

LOVE your picture!!

 
At October 17, 2012 at 2:57 PM , Anonymous Beth Enloe said...

Tracks in the snow can show you what was in your yard during the night!
Without winter...we couldn't appreciate spring, summer, and fall!
Winter sports!
Rosey cheeks!
Just to name a few more from someone that is still enjoying the fall weather in Montana!!
Love ya!

 
At October 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

And don't forget the hot chocolate!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home