Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Preggo Update

9/23/11 ~ We had our followup ultrasound today.  It wasn't as fun or detailed as our 20 week ultrasound, it was strictly business, besides when I asked the tech to check to make sure the baby still had boy parts.  He did.  All measurements resulted in an average baby. I am 24 weeks 1 day and measuring 23 weeks 6 days.  They give a 2 week leeway, either side of the due date and if the measurements fall in that range then baby is "normal" size.  We'll see what the OB at Bassett has to say about it on Tuesday.

9/27/11 ~ We had our 24 week prenatal checkup at Bassett.  Everything about the appointment was good.   The OB told me that she saw nothing to worry about in the ultrasound. She showed me how last time the baby's head had measured in the 3% and this time baby's head was in the 24%.  She said that the baby may have been in a weird position during the last ultrasound.  She asked if we wanted to do an amniocentesis to make sure everything was OK, I promptly declined.  Everything will be fine.  Dr. Ryan was great. She asked me how I was feeling and was just very thorough and friendly.  A lot of times, at the prenatal visits, I feel like we just go in, get rushed through the measuring and listening to the heartbeat and then we're pushed out the door.  I hope that I get to see Dr. Ryan again soon, or better yet, she delivers our little boy!  We will continue to be seen at Bassett since she told us that we'd only be seen once more at Eielson before we'd be back to Bassett for the remainder of our pregnancy.
I did open up a can of worms when I told her that after I get done with my 40-60 minute treadmill walks I'm hungry and crave junk food for the rest of the day.  She decided to look at my weight gain chart with me and told me that I've gained 15lbs so far.  She reminded me that they'd like me to only gain about 25lbs so advised me to steer clear of my favorite forms of junk food at the moment, Lays Potato Chips and ice cream. haha  I'll do my best.  ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home