Sunday, May 1, 2011

Monster. Rabbits. Baked Sourdough Bread.

A drooling, screaming, scratching, biting, pinching, crying monster has taken the place of my once smily, happy son. He has been busy getting his second year molars in. It's been wearing on me more than I care to admit.  I feel like I'm in a constant state of prayer for patience.  I took two very nice breaks from him last week.  I took a 5.2 mile walk with a friend one day and then went to the salon and got my hair "spring-cleaned" with a Malibu treatment, a Deep Conditioning treatment and a trim.  I felt refreshed after both breaks!  The funny thing about Tanner's fits is that they are mostly directed at me... I hope that these teeth come through in a hurry!




With the snow finally melting out of our yards we've got to play outside just that much more.  There have been two rabbits visiting our back yard. Over the last few weeks I've got to watch them turn from snow-white to brown.


I've decided that I'm going to forego buying store bought and stick with homemade breads.  Good goal, huh? My friend Emily gave me a sourdough starter and sourdough bread recipe and my friend Debbie gave me lots of great tips to try when making breads.  I got my sourdough starter going last Sunday and watched and smelled it all week. Yesterday I thought the starter was ready to be put into a sourdough bread.  Once beginning the task of making bread I soon realized just how easy it is!  The end result was so worth it too.  I'm going to be making some whole wheat bread this week to add to my freezer.
The Starter




1 Comments:

At May 1, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Florence said...

Wow! Beautiful bread! Oh, and cute kid!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home