Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Served with coffee... BLACK PLEASE!

I love a good breakfast! We always hear that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day", I'm sure it is, but this much I know is true, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I'm not the type of eater that can eat a bowl of cereal and feels satisfied. I like cereal for a snack, usually in the evenings. (I'm trying to get out of the habit of eating snacks in the evenings, I think my evening snacks are preventing weight loss) My favorite breakfasts are the ones that Brandon makes for us on the weekends. He is awesome at making homemade buttermilk biscuits, with gravy and then he always fries me an egg yoke up. He serves this with bacon or sausage! So delicious. Another favorite breakfast of his, is when he cuts potatoes into little pieces and fries them up, then fries up some eggs, over easy, and we have bacon and whole wheat toast with it. The method to eating this meal is putting the egg directly onto the potatoes. By mixing the eggs and potatoes together and then adding catchup and hot sauce to the mess, a tasty treat is formed!!!
Now that I'm home all day with my Tanner, and am breastfeeding, I really try to focus on nutritious meals. My typical breakfast consists of cottage cheese or yogurt, fruit and either an english muffin or cinnamon raisin toast. Scrambled eggs in a tortilla with salsa with a side of OJ. Another favorite is oatmeal with peanut butter, and banana cooked in with it. Top this with honey and skim milk! YUMMO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home