Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pinterest

My friend Susan over at The Talley's Alaskan Adventure introduced me to Pinterest last week.  Pinterest has quickly become my favorite addiction.  It is a way to organize and share things your find on the internet.  You create pinboards with all of your favorite recipes, books, hair styles, craft ideas, etc., and others can view those pinboards and get ideas too.

A few ideas I've tried in the last week thanks to Pinterest;

Pumpkin Spice Latte  I didn't enjoy it very much.  I don't really know why I made it. I don't like the pumpkin spice latte's at the coffee stand, so I'm not sure why I thought I'd like them at home!

Muffin Tin Monday  This is a fun one that I think I'm going to try to do every Monday.  Tanner has become almost a finicky eater.  He's a big eater when it's on his terms... I'm just trying to change things up a little to keep him interested.  The Muffin Tin Monday idea is kind of like a homemade lunchable where he can eat out of each little tin and have fun with the variety!  It went over fairly well!
BREAKFAST
Top Left to Right; Kix, Milk, Crasins.
Bottom Left to Right; Grapes, 1/2 Banana muffin, Peach Yogurt
LUNCH
Top Left to Right; Tomato, PB Sandwich, Goldfish.
Bottom Left to Right; Boiled Egg, Almonds, String Cheese.
DINNER
Top Left to Right; Italian Orzo, Milk, Carrots.
Bottom Left to Right; Pork Chop, Italian Orzo, Croutons.

Sandpaper T-shirts Tanner and I went over to Susan's for a playdate with her two boys. All three boys drew on sandpaper and we ironed their drawings onto their shirts!  Lots of fun and kept them busy for a few minutes! Watch out Grandparents, there very well could be a T-Shirt, designed by Tanner, coming your way!
"Designing"
Susan tracing Sean's drawing
Ironing on the drawing
Tanner's Shirt
All three completed shirts.
Pipe Cleaners and Colander I didn't know if this one would hold Tanner's attention, but it did.  He thought it was great when he got the pipe cleaner into the little hole.


Oatmeal Smoothie  Pretty tasty.  It wasn't the "green smoothie" that I now make on a regular basis, but still yummy!  It was a little thicker than I like my smoothies so next time I may add more liquid or less ice.

This picture, that I found posted on Pinterest, absolutely cracks me up! hahaha It's so me!

The list goes on of all of my great finds.  There are so many kids craft ideas that I'm interested in trying out during the winter months.

If you don't have a Pinterest account, GET ONE! If you have one, start following me and I'll follow you and we can share ideas with each other. ;)

3 Comments:

At October 13, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Blogger SJT said...

YEA for Pinterest!!!

 
At October 13, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up on Pinterest, Susan!!! ;)

 
At October 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE all your ideas!!! You are such a fun, creative mom!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home