Tuesday, July 5, 2011

BABY ON BOARD

::DISCLAIMER::
DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING ABOUT WOMANLY BODY FUNCTIONS!!! :)


I am starting this blog on January 31, 2011.  I want to make sure that I can capture my emotions, insight and dates to record this journey!

Brandon and I started trying to get pregnant after we got back from our vacation to MT, the beginning of December.  I got my first period, since Tanner's conception, December 1.  When I got it I had dropped Tanner down to 2 nursings a day and throught that that 1st period was a sure sign that I was a Fertile-Myrtle and would soon have a little bun in the oven.  I downloaded a fertility app to my iPhone and started tracking EVERYTHING! I stopped drinking all alcoholic beverages.  I started working out regularly.  I continued taking my prenatals, but with more vigilance.  I cut myself back to 1 cup of coffee a day.  I stopped drinking pop.  January rolled around and there was no period so I took a pregnancy test on January 5th and again on January 13th and AGAIN on January 24th. All tests showed negative results. I wasn't believing the tests because I had dropped Tanner down to one nursing a day and thought for sure my hormones were messing everything up.  Then I got my period January 28th!   This same day was Tanner's last nursing.  Needless to say, with a period and HORRIBLY engorged, leaky boobs it was a bad weekend.

March 11th,  still not pregnant, I bought a bottle of wine, poured myself a glass, and told myself, "Self, you're done planning days and times and how to 'do it'.  Time to just relax and allow things to happen on their own.  You'll get pregnant when God says you'll get pregnant, no forcing the issue." With that I stopped putting pressure on myself and my loving, partially-relieved hubby.

On April 7th I still wasn't pregnant and felt sooo discouraged. I made a goal to lose 10lbs in a month.  I started doing even MORE of a healthy eating, exercise thing to try to drop the pounds. Before April I had complained about my weight but hadn't done anything to really try to lose the pounds.  I think I wasn't too worried about losing the weight because I figured "what's the point if I'm just going to gain it all back"  With no pregnancy happening I kicked it up a notch.

  • On April 17th we got our new Tahoe.  It had a decal of a family of 4 turtles and I told Brandon it was a sign that we were going to get pregnant soon.
  • My mom kept telling me she was having dreams about babies.  In one she said she was planning a baby shower. In another she said she was holding a baby girl while there was packing going on. 
  • On Easter I was having a hard time swallowing the ham.  It just kept getting stuck in my throat and making me gag.  
  • The first week of May I started getting achy boobs and I told Brandon I really couldn't tell if they were period or pregnant boobs, the ache went away...
  • On May 12 I was expecting to get my period and didn't.  I also had the chicken that I made keep getting stuck in my throat, making me gag.
  • On May 14 about 6:15am I took a home pregnancy test that said PREGNANT

















I brought the stick in to where Brandon was making Tanner breakfast put my hands behind my back and said, pick a hand... and showed him the results !  He started smiling and said "REALLY?!?" and we gave each other a great hug!   I text our sisters; Autumn, Ember and Bridgett with a picture of the home pregnancy test results.  I told them that we weren't going to tell the rest of the family or the rest of the world until we go to the doc, get a pregnancy test there, and talk to a nurse and then think of a fun way to tell our families.  Our sisters were all excited!  :) Who wouldn't be excited about a baby?!?  I've been so nauseous... all day long.  I haven't thrown up or anything, but it sure feels like I could.  I didn't get nauseous like this, this early on with Tanner.  I guess each pregnancy is different though.  I nap  1-2 hours a day.  I either sleep like a champ at night time or don't sleep at all.  I am having crazy dreams which is new.  I normally don't remember my dreams.


  • On May 23 I went in to the clinic and peed in a cup.  They informed me it could take up to 3 days to get back to me with results!  Seriously?!? Three days to stick a test into some pee and read the results!  Sometimes the speed at which the clinic on base functions is INFURIATING!
  • On May 25 true to their word, a nurse at the clinic called to "inform" me that I'm pregnant, about 7 weeks along with an  Estimated Due Date of January 12, 2012.
  • On May 27 we told our families that we were pregnant.  It was also my mom's birthday.  I put Tanner's shirt on that said "I'm not monkeying around, I'm going to be a big brother!"  We got on Skype with my mom and she was talking to us and then stopped said, "What? What's his shirt say?  WHAT'S HIS SHIRT SAY?!? BRENNNTTT GET IN HERE AND SEE THIS!" Haha It was fun.  Everyone else in the family got emails or texts. 

  • May 30 threw up for the first time this pregnancy.  I only threw up three times total last pregnancy... I am praying that I can do the same this pregnancy... not looking so good though. :(
  • May 31 threw up again. :(  
  • June 1 went to our first OB consult with a nurse.  All it consisted of was filling out mass amounts of paper work.  Getting my labs scheduled and scheduling my 1st doctors appointment, which isn't until July 5th. 
  • June 5 Threw up again... there I have met my quota, all done now right?!?
  • June 8 talked to my health coach, Ali, and she encouraged me to get at least 20 minutes of physical activity every day and to really try to get more protein in me.  I have been having a hard time getting anything in me but I'm going to try my hardest!!!
  • June 9 went to the clinic to and peed in a cup and had SEVEN viles of blood drawn.  The "kid" drawing my blood thought it was funny to joke around about it all.  I couldn't laugh and I couldn't look at what was going on.  Ugh.  So gross.  Glad that's over for a while! This pregnancy has been so much different than my last.  I know that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to have a girl this go-around, but it's fun to think about.  With Tanner I wasn't quite this sick.  My boobs were super tender and got very big quickly... not at all this time.  They are probably shrinking! haha I have a hard time getting ANY sleep let alone a nap during the day.  Ugh!  I'm losing weight due to being sick all the time and not having an appetite.  My belly is looking all poochy though. I have a feeling I'm going to get BIG this pregnancy... bigger than I got with Tanner! 
  • June 17-July 3.  My parents visited during this time.  My mom cooked and baked, we went out to eat a lot.  We journeyed to Valdez, Seward, Homer and everywhere in between.  I was nauseous and threw up through a lot of their visit.  It was still a great time.  
  • June 30 Well supposedly I'm at the 12 week mark today.  I really can't wait for my appointment on the 5th.  I feel nervous for it at the same time.  I just have all sorts of emotions.  After this appointment I'll just feel relief... I hope!
  • July 2 I went through 3 totes of maternity clothes from last pregnancy.  I whittled it all down to 1 tote.  Last pregnancy I had tons of slacks, and dressy tops, even a few dresses.  I just don't need that style this pregnancy.  I'll get on Skype with my sister to see if she wants any of it for whenever she gets pregnant and the rest I'll get rid of.  I'm about to the point where some of the clothes are going to fit and look decent... I'm all about comfort at the moment, not caring very much about style. 
  • July 5 We finally had an appointment with a great doc named Captain Leary.  Everything is looking great and baby is measuring right on for 12 weeks 5 days with a due date of January 12, 2012.
Baby posed with hands resting on forehead, legs crossed Indian style.  




    3 Comments:

    At July 5, 2011 at 6:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, so wonderful! I am so happy for you all!! Congrats!!! Sorry you aren't feeling so well. I sure hope it passes very soon for you.

     
    At July 5, 2011 at 10:30 PM , Blogger SJT said...

    You kept such a detailed record! So great to remember everything that happened/is happening. So glad you are starting to feel better! YEA!

     
    At July 5, 2011 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I am starting to feel better. I was able to change 2 poopy diapers tonight without gagging! YAY ME! haha It's also great to go into the kitchen and do some cooking and cleaning without getting grossed out! :)

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home