Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jammin'

We've had wild raspberries hidden away in our freezer since this summer. I finally got the courage up to make some freezer jam with them. We had almost six cups of berries, and once crushed we had four cups. I read lots of recipes online, talked to friends and family and finally went for it. I knew that I wanted to make a lower sugar jam so I started with one cup of sugar and added until I liked the flavor.

Tanner loves raspberries.
Little hands hard at work.
Berries. Sugar. Lemon Juice.
Berries and sugar cooking down.
Thickening up beautifully.
Perfection
Delicious with Greek yogurt and chia seeds.
I had to make some 30 minute rolls for Brandon to try the jam on. Yum.

 

 

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2013 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Florence said...

Looks wonderful! Love the picture with Dillan looking up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home