Saturday, June 30, 2012

10 Years of Marriage

On June 29, 2002 I married my best friend. It is so hard to believe how quickly we reached the 10 year mark. We celebrated our anniversary by going out to dinner and then out for frozen yogurt. We exchanged beautiful gifts. Most importantly, we enjoyed the company of one another... Just as we have done over the past 10 years of marriage.

One of my favorite children's books is You Are My I Love You. It is about the complimenting love between a parent and a child. I took the concept and wrote my own 10 verses.

Brandon,

I am your trusting passenger; you are my soaring plane.
I am your morning coffee; you are my late night.
I am your rock; you are my rushing waters
I am your words; you are my listening ear.
I am your sun shades; you are my clear blue sky.
I am your melody; you are my steady beat.
I am your plate of salad; you are my bowl of ice cream.
I am your Alaskan Spring; you are my cozy fire.
I am your running shoes; you are my Sunday drive.
I am your heart; you are my I love you.

I love you Brandon!

3 Comments:

At June 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Florence said...

Beautiful...

 
At July 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So perfect! Congrats on 10 years!

 
At July 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM , Blogger SJT said...

Glad your day was awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home