Sunday, June 30, 2013

Running Through June

On June 1st I made a goal to run at least one mile, six days a week. Today, June 30th I can happily report that I achieved this goal. 

I have always wanted to be a runner. Not just someone passing the miles on the treadmill, but also someone who can slip into a pair of running shoes and head out the door for some heart-pumping cardio. 

The first few times I ran outside I felt awkward and couldn't wait to get back home. Now I can say that I prefer running outside to the treadmill. I still like the treadmill and will never be without one in my house, but after running outside; where the scenery changes, my speed, stride and breathing are determined by my body and not a machine, the miles slip by, and the fresh air filling my lungs, it's hard to get back on the the treadmill where I'm constantly watching the clock and the distance slowly pass. To make the treadmill more bearable I now do intervals. Sprint for a minute and then jog for 30 seconds. 

The 5am sun. 

A gorgeous morning run. 

To achieve my goal I got up at 5am to get my run in before Brandon had to leave for work. On the days this didn't happen I ran at the boys' nap time on my treadmill. On days I REALLY didn't feel like running I only did one mile. Most days I averaged 1.5-3 miles. 

Used one of my favorite Apps, MapMyRun, to track my routes and distance. 

I'm going to try to keep up with running because I'm truly becoming addicted to it. 

Glistening after a 3 mile treadmill run on June 30, 2013!!! 

Mission complete. I'm open to suggestions for new goals for July. :)

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Florence said...

Yeah!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home